Steps that we are taking to provide you the safest patient care:
- We will limit the number of people in the office for a time, including exams, optical appointments and overall patient traffic.
- In the event that our facility cannot provide adequate social distancing, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle and we will contact you once we are ready. PLEASE be patient and recognize that we want to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please leave all extra unnecessary items such as food, drinks, coats, large bags in the car or at home.
- Social distancing is important in our facility therefore we ask that you PLEASE consider coming alone for your eye care needs unless this is not possible. Anyone assisting your visit will be registered at the front desk including contact information. When a minor is scheduled for an examination, only one adult may accompany the minor.
- We will be limiting the number of essential exams to no more than two adults per hour. This will provide our staff ample time to disinfect and thoroughly clean after each patient visit. In addition, we will be limiting the number of customers in dispensary area to allow for proper social distancing.
- When you arrive, a few COVID screening questions will be asked. Whether you have travelled outside the province in the last 14 days, whether you have been in contact with a known COVID-19 case, and whether you have any symptoms.
- PLEASE arrive at our clinic with a face covering/mask. If supplies allow, we may provide one to you and request that you wear it while in our clinic. If not, PLEASE do not be offended if we ask you to reschedule when convenient and you are prepared.
- We will reduce touching pens and clipboards as much as possible. Please consider emailing the new patient form back to us prior to your arrival to reduce time in the ‘waiting room’ while we update your history. We also can do verbal checking of your personal information and consents.
- Our staff will be following the Provincial Health Services Authority guidelines for handwashing and sanitizing. Our staff will have available to them masks, gloves, protective shields, and disinfectant supplies. All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned after every exam and patient visit.
- Our clinic has implemented phoropter breath shields for refraction, slit lamp shields for eye examination, disposable Tonosafe for checking eye pressures, and pupilometer shields for measuring pupil distance.
- All eyeglass frames will be disinfected routinely, and will be sanitized once the frames have been touched/tried on.
- Your eyeglass frame selections would be one-on-one “white glove” service with a dispensary staff (You point to the frames you would like to try, then the dispensary staff with gloves put them in a tray for you.) Dispensary staff will wear masks and face shields to better protect you and themselves during the dispensing process.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you to the best of our abilities and in the safest manner possible during this COVID-19 pandemic.